Thursday, May 1, 2008

Santiago is not Cordoba

My new motto for Chile is this:
Always have a Plan B.

I went to the bus station this morning to hop onto my 18-22 hour bus ride (they're pretty darn vague about that dontcha think?) to Cordoba and when I got there to my surprise...it was cancelled. What the crap is the first thing that came to mind. The bus station was packed and people were pretty pissed needless to say. May 1 is Labor Day here in South America so that accounted for some of the crowd and some of the confusion with the buses and the scheduling I guess. Anyway, they told me I could still go to Santiago if I wanted to. That is about two hours away...and definitely is not Cordoba. It's like somebody from Grand Marais who's bus to Chicago gets cancelled and Greyhound telling them "We can still get you to Duluth though!" Yeah, so not the same thing.
So on to Plan B! Which is going to Santiago, but not until tomorrow. I've got some friends there to visit and I'm looking forward to getting to know the capitol of my new country a little bit better as well.

Today was a beautiful day in Vina, but even still I was feeling bummed that I couldn't visit Ian. Then I started being bummed about missing out on other things back home. Adam and Carl's graduations for example. Then it struck me, it's Ian's high school graduation this year too! And I bet he's also bummed about missing it! So now Ian and I are planning on meeting up in Mendoza over the weekend of May 31 and having ourselves a Graduation Extravaganza, Sudamerica style. If there's anything you want Ian to get/know/if you have any ideas whatsoever for me, shoot me an email asap! The most reliable email is dancin_clare@hotmail.com

Chao!
Clare

No comments: