Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Internet At Last

I have internet at my house! Hallelujah!
Hopefully now I can post in a much more timely manner.
Things that have happened since the last post:
1) I had another birthday part. This one was with Alejandro (my landlord) and Veronica (his good friend, and who I stayed with first). Alejandro's friends from the area came over and we had a big BBQ. The best part of the party was that the Chileans started reading my chilean slang dictionary and pretty soon the whole table was saying things like "To screw? To screw? What means this?" Then they would read the chilean part and laugh, it was pretty entertaining for everyone.
2) I started spanish classes, and holy crap they are hard! I start real classes next Monday, or should I say Lunes, and I managed to get a schedule with classes only on Mon, Tues, Wed. So that leaves a four day weekend every weekend for travelling, woohoo!
3)Well, obviously, I got internet and everyone here is very very excited. We've been out of the loop for awhile!

Thanks to everybody who checks up on me and reads this, and thanks for all the birthday wishes! It's good to know that I'm loved back in the States.
Chao,
Clare
p.s.- Here's a fun fact- I spent about 20 minutes in my Spanish class today explaining Paul Bunyan to a mix of French and German students as well as my Chilean teacher. None of them can pronounce Bunyan to save their souls, but they liked the story!

1 comment:

Sawbill Crew said...

Welcome back to the real world! Throw away you watch and join the locals.
Grandma and I are pretty well over our miseries TTL. We even had a brandy and water night before last.
Love, Grandma Mary Alice and Grandpa as well